• Monitors and analyzes the customer service provided by team members.
• Offers reminders, training, and encouragement, and develops action plans for improvement in both retail and pharmacy.
• Greets customers and clinic patients, and offers assistance with products and services.
• Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer and patient experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
• Resolves customer complaints and helps respond to customers’ special needs.
• Supervises operation of the store and pharmacy, including opening/closing/changing shifts, task delegation and scheduling team members.
• Supervises the control of the store money including register counts, withdraws from bank, armored car pickups, safe deposits, change orders and oversees all aspects of bookkeeping including ledger, invoices, cash reports and time records.
• Supervises merchandising by planning and implementing sets and resets and revisions of basic department and end stands, display tables, and promotional space, using multiple discount pricing, signs, advertising, promotional items, seasonality, etc.
• Analyzes inventory trends and supervises inventory management, including ordering items, keeping stock, and liquidating stock and leveraging company resources to avoid outs and overstock.
• Supervises receiving, stocking, pricing, returning, and transferring of merchandise.
• Ensures execution of District Manager operational feedback.
• Implements store organization through proper hiring and placement, scheduling of work assignments and delegation.
• Ensures that store/grounds are clean and presentable; manages repair and maintenance; responds to emergencies.
• Manages operations of assigned location including strict compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the sale of alcohol, tobacco, fresh food, and pharmacy products.
• Ensures staff has working knowledge of all computer and technology systems and software (e.g. registers, StoreNet, Intercom+, etc.
• Ensures response to all systems problems by contacting information technology support.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
• Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Daily Planning & Execution
• Assigns daily operational responsibilities and tasks and sets expectations for store team members and assistant managers.
• Analyzes financial and performance data; develops action plans to increase sales and control costs.
• Reviews KPIs daily and prepare to discuss with district management.
• Reviews and analyzes asset protection data and develops and implements action plans to reduce loss.
• Analyzes pharmacy performance indicators and works with the pharmacy manager to enhance the performance of the pharmacy, ensuring support during busy periods, including serving as a pharmacy technician, when necessary and allowed by law.
• Analyzes performance indicators of the clinic and works with Clinic Coordinator or Manager to ensure performance and support.
• Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and performance of the store and pharmacy.
• Manages inventory levels through ordering, keeping stock, liquidating stock, anticipating fast selling items and seasonal changes.
People and Performance Management
• Manages team member performance by assigning responsibilities, setting goals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.